This was the message which set off alarm bells and caused some to ask “what’s wrong?”
What led me to feel this way and resulted in me turning into the KFC drive-thru?
Work. More specifically, continuously feeling like I am hitting my head against a brick wall for initiatives which will make the employees better.
So I left work Friday pissed, so pissed that the only thing I felt could help me blow off steam was junk. (I paid dearly next day for having eaten the crappy food.). And I felt like I wanted to detach from the world.
After a few messages and calls Friday and Saturday, I did the self talk, dusted myself off and decided not to wallow. The other thing which shifted my perspective was overhearing a conversation between two ladies on Saturday night.
“[Name of man friend] is always drunk. Drunk every day. He is verbally abusive to me.” 😔
Well, life is not so bad for me then.
I made an effort to get out and about this weekend. And no. I didn’t go to the beach. It would have made my mind still and inevitably lead me back to thinking about the incident which led to my Friday Night Funk. I needed to keep busy. So here’s what I did…
- Marked mid term assignments. Only 15.
- Went to the office on Saturday for about 5 hours from circa 4 p.m. It’s so peaceful and quiet. Got a lot done.
- Went to the Supermarket after work.
- Sunday, went up in the back garden. Happily there were some open low lying ackees which the stick could reach.
- Put clothes to wash then headed to the gym. But while on the way, decided I wanted a pedicure. The time available meant I could only do 15 minutes exercise. I cycled for 3 minutes, then foam rolled and stretched. Some thing is better than nothing, init?
- Got a good pedicure and a leg massage as a bonus.
- I couldn’t go back home just yet. Had to let the polish dry. So, in my track suit pants and slippers, I went to the cricket ground. Windward Islands Volcanoes was playing T&T Red Force. Imagine I didn’t know cricket was playing here. That is to tell you how snowed under I have been. A fella made a century soon after I got there.
Had to find food. What? No macaronie pie? I asked the lady if she didn’t know that Sundays mean pie!! She had soup though. What? No dumplings!!! Are you kidding me???😕
- Sat and ate it in the stands while fending off an old man who kept asking me for my number. Playful banter. His friends told him to stop harrassing me. But being at a cricket match stirs up these warm and fuzzy feelings in me so I wasn’t bothered.
- Home time, but not before stopping on the road side for a coconut. Grenadians call it ‘waternut’
- Back home, time to clean, cook, eat and read.
Prepared my lunch pan for Monday, feeling quite satisfied with how the weekend had been spent. Saw this horoscope for Libra in the papers. It seemed appropriate.
Feeling grateful for all the love and concern shown. Thanks! 🖒🖒🤗🤗